Saturday, January 11, 2014

Weak as a Cat


Today, I’m on the verge of coming back to life.  This whole week has been a descent into the misery of some acute respiratory illness with some more widespread bodily effects.  I did get a flu shot a month or more ago.  Besides this was more insidious in onset than the usual flu.  First, a little nagging cough and general loss of enthusiasm.  Progressing to more cough and some shoulder and back ache.  Then, loss of appetite, really painful coughing spells producing ugly mucous.  Two nights of almost no sleep, chills, headache, lethargy.  Then, burning eyes, runny nose and sneezing.  When I crawled out of bed this morning I was just about ready to throw in the towel and maybe even go to the hospital.  I couldn’t even eat a bagel and just got a up of coffee and fell asleep in my chair.  A couple of hours later I woke up and felt improved.  I spent the day navigating from one kleenex box to another but generally getting better.  I was able to get some correspondence and year end paper work done.


I’m anticipating being able to sleep tonight and being able to work at the gallery in the afternoon.  Soon, I will forget all about it.  it was just another routine test of my immune system and the system worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment