Sunday, January 12, 2014

The Lift Bucket


I go up the stairs to the loft as infrequently as possible.  I had to do it a lot in the early years but after I got all my design files set up and switched from table drawing to computer drawings the loft was mostly a storage place.  I didn’t want to make the climb every time I had a file to return to some small parts to store so I rigged up the lift bucket.


The name is a little misleading as it spends most of its time just hanging.  Actually, it serves as a collection point where I can gather things that eventually make the trip up.  When the bucket gets heavy or full or I need to bring something down, I climb to the landing and use the pulley to haul up the bucket and unload it.  Often, I also find some cargo to drop.  Most of the time this relieves me of caring up or down an armful of things.


No comments:

Post a Comment