Friday, December 6, 2013

Transparent 1” Grids


Often a client gives me a photo or sketch and I want to convert it into a measured drawing.  The graphics software with which I am most familiar is the Google SketchUp program and use it nearly every day.  I can first convert the clients image to a .jpg file by scanning or taking a digital image.  Then I can import that image to a new blank SketchUp page and scale the image to appropriate dimensions.  From that scaled information I build the 3D model and eventually delete the original imported image.

Once in a while I find it useful to superimpose the image on a transparent 1” grid.  When I searched the Trimble 3D Warehouse I didn’t find any examples, so, I created 16” x 16”, 24” x 24” and 48” x 48” grids for my use.  If I need a larger grid I just make more copies and group them.

They have been useful enough that I decided to post them and let others decide if they can use them in their work.

These are the links for those who use SketchUp.

16”

24”

48”


No comments:

Post a Comment