Yesterday, Scott opened the dust trap on the tumbler and we were both surprised to see it dumped a quart of dust and small aggregate which weight about 5 pounds. Today I sifted out the aggregate and returned it to the tumbler chamber and pitched the dust.
There is a 1” bore leading from the tumbler chamber to the trap on the vacuum chamber. I did not design it to have a filter which would exclude the smallest size aggregate. Clearly, this was an oversight on my part. I fixed that today by installing a prototype steel cage at the inlet. We’ll see how that works.
More to follow as I gain some experience witht the design.