Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Film Crew






Back on October 14, 2011 I mentioned that a film crew was coming. As I was looking over some earlier posts I realized I never reported on that experience, so, this is it.


I looked back at my journal and found that on that Saturday I wrote “Another perfect weather day. The film crew got here at 1010 and stayed until noon. I worked the rest of the day with the coal fire on some dies and experimental forging.”


There were four crew members who each had specific roles directing, lighting and filming, sound and interviewing. They made a quick tour then worked very efficiently to set up the lighting and hook up my microphone and get the interview rolling.


I’m not accustomed to this sort of thing and I wasn’t being filmed doing actual work, just tapping with a hammer on some small piece on the anvil so it all felt a bit awkward but they were all very nice and things went pretty smoothly. Apparently they only needed a few images or short film clips for their job so I hope they got what they needed.


I think their company was based in Boston and they were working on a project for the state of Kansas to promote tourism. Betty did all of the arranging of their visit so she has a better understanding of what it was all about. I think if any of the material is useful it will be used somehow in conjunction of the opening of the Flint Hills Discovery Center.

http://www.flinthillsdiscovery.org/


http://www.persimmonforge.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment