Monday, July 13, 2015

Too Scary to Read

Today, I read a book review in our local paper and then went online to skim some others.  This sentence caught my attention. “Ford offers little hope that emerging technologies will eventually generate new forms of employment, in the way that blacksmiths yielded to autoworkers in the early 20th century.”  The book referred to is RISE OF THE ROBOTS, Technology and the Threat of a Jobless Future by Martin Ford.

I haven’t read it, but the subject is one which has troubled me for quite a few years.  Trying to find employment for an ever growing world population with all the complicating variables like, resources, culture and infrastructure is a lot more than I can wrap my mind around.

My first thought was to see if I could find a used copy of this book to read.  Then I had to admit that I really didn’t have the time now to do more reading.   Moreover, after going over a few reviews, I’m thinking it might just be too scary.




No comments:

Post a Comment