Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Brad Allen's Sculpture

Ten years ago I attended the CanIron V meeting in Annapolis Royal, Nova Scotia.  We drove to Chicago and picked up our older son and enjoyed as many sights as we could work in along our way to Portland, Maine where we took The Cat ferry to Yarmouth and then drove the rest of the way to our bed and breakfast.   We stayed at the very comfortable King George Inn.

It was a wonderful trip and meeting.  Lots of great demonstrators and local places to visit.  Unfortunately we had to watch the devastation of Hurricane Katrina on the TV news each evening.  The tail end of the storm even brought a little rain to our gathering.
What brought this back to my mind was finding the piece I got at the auction - a fine sculpture work b y Brad Allen.  It had become hidden by other things stacked in front of it in the studio.  This certainly was not the proper place for such a nice piece of blacksmith art.  I corrected that situation today and now it is displayed where I can see it every day.

I call it my Celtic cross.  I forget if Brad had titled it as such.

See some other examples of Brad’s sculptures here






No comments:

Post a Comment