Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Press Base:




If I had intended for the base to be fixed to the floor with concrete anchors I would have drilled or torch-cut corner holes while on the table top. On the front side two holes can be placed without much concern with obstruction. On the back side the mounting plate for the motor and pump could be an obstruction problem for hole making at a later stage.

I placed the base plate on heavy pipe rollers to ease moving during construction and later removed the pipes. Probably I should have made some clever fittings which would aid raising the front and back edges of the plate to the height of my roller pipes to make moving easier in the future.

There doesn't seem to me to be any advantage in anchoring the base to the floor. My machine has never tended to vibrate or walk around.

No comments:

Post a Comment