Thursday, April 25, 2013

A Coal Bin Modification


This is not about something I’ve done.  It’s about something I’ve thought about doing.  It’s in the category of “If I get the time...” or “If I had it to do over...”.

As my coal bin has aged a few years and weathered, particularly on the west side, the top edge of the end plywood has bowed out about 3/4”.  It is just enough that rain can now get inside through that little opening that the lid no longer completely covers.

In retrospect I could have prevented this by adding some top edge reinforcement - perhaps with some 1/8” x 1.5” angle.  I made a SketchUp drawing to remind me of the idea if I ever get the time.  Which also reminds me that I’ll need to make a trip to get coal in a few weeks when the weather is nicer.

I posted the model to this Trimble.3D Warehouse.






No comments:

Post a Comment