Saturday, March 2, 2013

Cone Mandrel Model



I’m continuing to work at modeling projects in Sketchup so that blacksmithing might have more a a presence in the 3D Warehouse.  There was already a cone mandril (sp) at http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=558c840370f0b1c0ba50ac9405bdcf2a&prevstart=0

So, I decided to add a version with a tong slot.  Check it out at

That reminded me that the Saltfork Craftsmen group is offering a new mandrel at what seems to me to be a reasonable price.  I haven’t used one and I’m not sure how heavy they are.  More information at

Very heavy snow kept me from getting to the shop for several days so I used that time for blacksmithing related computer work.  Usually I’m not delighted by snow storms but we are nearly desperate for water in any form to relieve the drought.



No comments:

Post a Comment